Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Craziness of the past month

I feel like it is time for me to finally jump onto the blogging bandwagon so to speak. Many of the Phelps Phive and Phriends ladies have started blogging to show their support for our boy MP and I felt like I needed to start my own blog. It has been amazing to see all the outpouring of support and love for him during this past month! I think that this month has truly been a learning experience for him as well as all of us. We are all human and we make mistakes, yes he is a role model and inspiration to many, but we cant let one little thing change all of the AMAZING things that he has done take away from what a good heart he has! I'm sure many of you heard about how he took a day out of his busy schedule to spend with this little boy Connor who wanted nothing more than to meet his hero! Seeing the smile on that little boys face when he got to meet Michael brought tears to my eyes. Here is this amazing athlete who probably had tons of other things he needed to be doing but instead he chose to spend time with this little boy! How much more role model like could anyone be? That is why I love Michael, he always thinks about others first before himself. 

Through all of this, I was at first disappointed with the choice that he made, but then I thought to myself, everybody makes mistakes he is only HUMAN! Yes he is superman in the pool, but that came with hard work and dedication, not some magical powers. Out of the pool he is just like everyone else, he wants to be able to be like any other 23 year old and spend time with his friends and relax. Sadly some people decide that they need to take advantage of him, I would do anything to be able to meet him again and spend more time with a person who is truly someone I will always look up to and admire!

Seth Meyers segment REALLY!?! on SNL puts it all into perspective for me, Michael deserves to be around people who like him for WHO he is not WHAT he is. I mean seriously, if it wasn't for the Olympics, he would be able to live a normal life, but he chose to share his gift with the world and that shouldn't be taken advantage of! I hope people realize that he still is the same MP that he was before, he made a mistake but EVERYBODY makes mistakes, they just don't have them shared with the world. So next time you go and point fingers at someone turn that finger and take a good look at yourself before you go and judge others.

-Kait


                          

1 comment:

  1. I felt disappointed too, but like I saw it exactly like you did. Welcome to the blogging world! ;o)

    ReplyDelete